CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

MOVED

FI'S FAULT SCRAPS HAS MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION
I CAN NOW BE FOUND AT http://scrapsbyfi.blogspot.com
THANKS
HUGS

Thursday 12 June 2008

The Bean Story

A few weeks ago Georgie came home with a bean from school, barely propped up by a bamboo cane and looking very sad for itself. Her class had been growing beans, Georgie grew a runner bean, although in all honesty it wasn't running anywhere. It may have been the tallest in her class but it needed repotting and some serious TLC.
I popped it in the porch at home, which is glass so kinda like a greenhouse. I watered it and gave it some miracle grow to help it on its way.

Now at this point I must confess I am not in any way green fingered, I'm more than useless when it comes to plants and flowers. I like them, they look pretty, they make my garden look pretty but after that I'm lost.

Needless to say within a few days the bean was looking slightly worse for wear. I sprayed it with water, watered it and gave it some more miracle grow, but it was a sad state of affairs and the bean Georgie had so lovingly grown from a bean/seed (whatever it started as) was almost dead :(

My mum came the other day and on her way out took our almost dead bean away with her. My mum aka nana heart is the exact opposite of me. She is brilliant with plants and flowers and said she could rescue the poor bean that I had neglected.
She came round again today and told me the bean was doing alot better :) and I demanded (as children do lol) that she add a bean update to her blog......which has now :)

So you can read more about our bean and even see a picture over on her blog HERE

Who knows maybe next year we can eat the beans of Georgie and my mums labours :)

1 comments:

Mary Andrews said...

It's a bean, a vegetable, not fruit - lol